- water rights
- Common Law rights held by owners of land adjacent to rivers,
lakes, or oceans, and includes restrictions on those rights and land
- A written document, properly witnessed, providing for the transfer
of title to property owned by the deceased, called the testator.
- workers' compensation acts
- Laws that require an employer to obtain insurance coverage to
protect his or her employees who are injured in the course of their
- wraparound loan
- A method of refinancing in which the new mortgage is placed in a
secondary, or subordinate, positions; the new mortgage includes both
the unpaid principal balance of the first mortgage and whatever
additional sums are advanced by the lender. In essence it is
an additional mortgage in which another lender refinances a borrower
by lending an amount over the existing first mortgage amount without
disturbing the existence of the first mortgage.